17 January 2009

December & January

So I have been just overwhelmed with tons of stuff! Work has been going well but just plain busy. We are working on getting things ready for our door to door inspections and also grant applications that have to go out at the end of February. Also, I have recently joined the board for the CTC and have been busy with all of that. Here is the run down:

December

The CTC had its first annual winter banquet and we had a blast! The food was great and we all had a great time. One of the fun things we did was give out awards to our members, some for achievements and others just for fun. Bike Authority was also generous enough to give away a great Trek bike to raffle off. I was crossing my fingers and hoping that I would win so I could give it to Steve. He has expressed some interest in racing and the clunky old bike he rides now is really only good for short commutes. Because it is so old and clunky and heavy it is just not good for racing. Guess what!? I won!!! I was so excited and Steve didn't really believe me until we made the trip to BA. So thank you, thank you, thank you BA!!!

The holidays were good but long and exhausting. I got a great gift card from my mom and was able to pay for almost all of a new fluid trainer!!! My friend Chris came in for New Year's to visit and it was so great to see him and be able to catch up!

January

Gosh 2009! Thing have been so busy for me so it has been hard to get virtually any training in. I'm planning on changing that this weekend! Steve and I setup our bikes on our trainers in the office and keep saying we are going to start getting some miles in but just haven't had the time.

So now that it looks like this outside


we can still get some time in on the bikes!



I have decided that since I was able to get in 3 tris last season that 5 would be totally doable this year. I have to watch my food more and just really commit to making time for workouts. Over the first half of 2008 I gained back a significant amount of weight that I had worked hard to get rid of in 2007. So that is of course a goal too!

I have been trying to get the CTC Race Calendar updated on the website and that has been a much bigger job than I anticipated. At least most of these events are yearly and next year all we will have to do is change the date and the rest of the info will be there. As I do this I'm also trying to get a schedule together for the new race series the CTC Cheetah Series and of course my own race schedule. Sheesh! I feel like I'm busier than ever!

If I can just get in a better workout groove then everything else will fall into place. Getting my swim time in has been really hard because of the frigid temps here. I of course have to be outside alot for my job so by the end of the day I'm ready to go home and snuggle with the cats!

Tomorrow we have our first of three indoor tris. I'm hoping it goes well!!! I'm going to attempt to be productive for the rest of the night and then get to bed early since I have to be in Macedonia by 6:45am.

Thanks for reading after a million year absence! I promise to return to blogging again consistently!

5 comments:

Trishie said...

good luck with your indoor tri tomorrow! good to see you :)

JenC said...

Thanks again for all of your help. You rock!

Mnowac said...

Well hello stranger

Josh Middleton said...

It's good to see you back. I'm glad to see you're well. Happy New Year!

triguyjt said...

now....whats your name there???

don't think we've met.. ;-)

good to see you post....