02 September 2008

so long...

I have been so caught up in this book I'm reading for bookclub I haven't been doing much else except reading! It is a really good book and I can't wait for bed tonight because I'm going to finish it for sure. In spite of reading over 250 pages the past three days, I got alot accomplished this weekend and had some fun too!

We had a belated bday party for Steve and hung out with fam. I cleaned and reorganized the linen closet, which I KNOW everyone is jealous about. Sorry, we all can't have such fun people! :P

Things are slow and steady in terms of finding a new job. Slower than I would like but I can't control everything, right?!

The cats aren't totally enemies, well at least Morris isn't. He thinks that Isabel is some play thing and she isn't so happy about that idea. Today Steve and I had to take them both to the vet. First of all, I have to say that I adore my vet, Dr. Ramsey! He is amazing and cares so much about our pets and is so helpful and supportive. If anyone is looking for a vet in the area email and I can give him a great recommendation!!!

I knew based on Morris' previous history with URI that Isabel was working on a decent one and as soon as Morris started sneezing and becoming even more snuggly than he usually is I knew he had succumbed too. So an hour and half and $158 later, they both have their meds and instructions and we began the hellacious routine tonight to get them both on the mend! Poor Isabel has eye drops, nose drops, pills and lysine gel to take once a day and Morris has liquid antibiotics and lysine as well. It is going to be a long 14 days but thankfully they only require doses once a day!

I'm still debating Portage Lakes this weekend. I don't know that I really should spend the extra money considering I'm without a full time job, but I'm disappointed to end the season already. I have a couple of more days to consider it! :)

Oh if everyone could keep bloggy friend Mike's brother in your thoughts and prayers (if you pray) I would appreciate it! Tomorrow (Sept 3rd) he is undergoing surgery!!! Good thoughts!!!!

I hope all you had WONDERFUL holiday weekends!!!

I just want to say a quick congrats to my friends, Rob, Charlie, and Jack! They completed the INKY this past Sunday!!! I was checking the laptop all day to check on their progress. Great jobs to you all!!! Also, we had tons more CTCers there, congrats!!!!!

5 comments:

Charlie said...

Thanks Tracy. You were part of my inspiration to keep going.

Steve Stenzel said...

Good luck with the job! (and the cats!)

Mnowac said...

Hey there - since you are almost done with the book and I was going to go buy it this weekend, do you think I could borrow it? We could get together sometime this weekend for a walk or coffee?

As for the vet, where is this guy located? I don't like my vet at all and have tried several.

For the tri....that's a tough one. It just depends on whether you would rather have the $40 to spend on food or on a race :)

triguyjt said...

tracie...missed you ate portage lakes.... great day huge turnout...


have a good week

Jen said...

I hope the kitties are doing well! Mine used to regularly get URIs, and I always felt sooo bad for them. I think maybe they've outgrown them, though. Good luck!