13 November 2012

November Training 11/4/12-11/10/12

My visit with the chiropractor went well! They fixed me up and I was allowed to take a test run on Wednesday.  It felt great to get back out there! I've been spending more time spinning and not as much time sleeping as I need to.  When I had to take some time off for the ankle, I felt like it would be negligible and my training wouldn't take a hit. I'm not sure if it is just that I've been working out more and/or not getting enough sleep or that 5 days off really did have an impact but my runs since the break haven't been great. I feel slow and my legs feel heavy. I'm hoping to get back into the swing of things soon! :)

The good news is that I finished the couch-to-5k plan and started the 5k-to-10k plan! I ran a new trail this past Saturday and while I'm always slower on a new trail, it was so nice to see a new part of the park! :) I can't wait to get out there again soon!  This coming weekend is a YTT weekend.  I have my written exam - eek! Wish me luck! :)


11/8/12: 2.71 miles at 13:50 per mile - NCR - Squire's Castle mix of trail and paved
Week 9 Day 3 - 5 min warm up,  jog for 30 mins, 5 min cooldown 
!!!Couch-to-5k COMPLETE!!!

11/10/12: 2.14 miles at 16.31 per mile - NCR - bird and bridle trail
Week 1 Day 1 - 5 min warm up,  steady run for 30 mins, 5 min cooldown

Total Mileage: 6.85 miles

No comments: