01 November 2012

Rain, rain......

With hurricane Sandy in town things have been a little discombobulated! The rain begin on Saturday and hasn't stopped since. We received much more damage than I expected and as a result some of my favorite trails are closed, hopefully not for long. My work was out of power from Monday night until yesterday around 3pm. Yesterday we were on call so I kept delaying my scheduled run with the fear that I would start my run and get called in.  I should have just gone running early in the day but, sigh, whatever. ;) It was nice to have a break and I was able to get a bunch of jewelry stuff done this week, including this and this.

My afternoon was hijacked by other people and traffic and closed roads and downed trees and live wires and stores that didn't have what I was searching for.  I FINALLY got to the park to run around 6:30pm.  I had to stick to the paved trail because the one in the woods was closed and blocked by numerous uprooted trees. 

Yesterday was the best run ever. EVER. Seriously, EVER! 

I ran the entire run.  I didn't need to stop once. It felt good and natural and right.  It quickly sucked away all of my frustrations of the day and replaced them with calm and peace.  But most of all it made me feel invincible.  It didn't matter that it was raining or cold or windy or dark, I was out there and enjoying it tremendously.  Every run, makes me feel more confident in my abilities and myself.  

It might seem strange or silly to someone who doesn't run or doesn't enjoy running but it really impacts all parts of your life. I've soooo missed this and have enjoyed it this time around more than ever before.  So often I talk about how I began to find myself more and more each time I was on a yoga mat and the same can be said for running. Each time I head out in the woods for a run, I see a little more of myself revealed  I feel more connected to myself and to life in general. 

I hope all of you have been having wonderful runs (or not runs) and enjoying life!

No comments: