15 April 2008

decisions, decisions

So all of you get to help me make this decision. My brother loves Heart. I like them a ton too and would love to see them live. They are coming along with Journey and Cheap Trick this summer to Blossom. So my bro is freaking out and totally wanting to go. The thing is......the concert is the day before Great Lakes Escape. :(

Do I ditch GLE and head out to Blossom or do I continue with my plans, and head over to Lakeside alone??? I totally don't mind going without a cheering section. ;) It honestly would probably be better anyhow because at least I would get in bed early. Plus I already have about 4-5 other shows that I'm working on for this summer. I mean this is my 'big' race this season. At the same time, I don't have a wet suit yet and this one is a mandatory race. I'm not totally sure what to do. What do you guys think? I'm going to put up a poll and everyone can share his/her opinion. Thanks!

6 comments:

Charlie said...

Here is my 2 cents, Go to the concert. concider it a payback for all the other races you are going to drag him to.
Also, it could be fun. Those bands were all a big draw in my jr high.

B Bop said...

I'm doing the GLE and am really looking forward to the swim...

but, I already had a wetsuit.

I skipped Bela Fleck & the Flecktones @ Cain park last year the night before GCT....and still blew up on the run ;-)

Mnowac said...

The race, this was the one you really, really wanted to do, remember? Anyway why can't you do both? Just don't drink and you'll be fine, maybe leave a little before 11.

allanjel said...

Look here missy! Adam & I are doing the GLE and there needs to be some "cute little people" there... YOU! Seriously, whatever you decide, but if you do the TRI we will be cheering and supporting ya!

qcmier said...

Don't stop believin'... Go to the concert.

Patricio said...

I would go with the race... make a list of pros and cons (that's what i usually do) and see what you get.
Good luck!

And btw yes... yess.. crazy earhquake huh? it was 5.2 here in STL.

PC