10 April 2008

it's been soooo long...

Hello everyone!!! :) I feel like it has been ages since my last post. It kind of has but you know how things go; life has a way of getting in the way. So here are a few updates:

- My Auntie Terri's opening was fun and a success for her! No one wanted to go out after so we just went home and I spent my bday up until the wee hours of the morning, working on my project! :P Oh well, there is always next year right?

- Friday I was in the b-lo till 9:30pm. :( Then I had to drive back again on Sunday and print out my project and turn it in via one of my classmates. After missing work on Friday, I couldn't justify missing on Monday too. Thankfully, it is turned in. They do a three person review so hopefully we should have them back next week and I'll know if they want revisions, which is pretty much a given, and then I have two weeks to get those done and submitted. All in all, I'm happy about how it turned out. Eric and Malvika gave me great responses so I was able to have my only little crit before the real one! :) If a miracle happens, I'll get a high pass and be F.I.N.I.S.H.E.D. - I'm not holding my breath though. ;)

-I'm still on the job hunt. I'm ready to move on and have more stability. I enjoy what I'm doing but I don't always feel like my skill set is totally being used. Doing my project just reminded me of how much I enjoy being a 'real' planner and that the skills and strengths I have could be used more in a nonprofit or municipal setting. Keep your fingers crossed - I'm sure something amazing will come along!

-My brother has almost completely moved in with me. Weird huh? I mean we had kind of standing Thursday night plans and he would sleep over, but now he is here all the time. It has been almost a month and I think we are both adjusting but it is for the most part going well. Since June is in the hospital it is nice to have another person around, that's for sure! He is loving his new job, totally ready to be done with high school and can't wait to start CSU. All in all I think this will work out well for him. He gets to be independent from my parents but still has a safety net of sorts. There is an RTA stop almost right in front of my house so he won't have to worry about driving to class and his job is in walking distance of my house. He likes the people he works with too which is always a plus! My parents aren't coping so well but that is to be expected.

-I have so much work to do! :( I need to get a website up and running in the next few hours for another venture we have going on. I love being creative but I hate this rush-rush. I thrive on being busy and being stressed when it comes to work, but I ENJOY being creative so to rush me takes away a bit of the fun.

I hope everyone is well!!!! Enjoy the sunny days Clevelanders, I have heard some rumors that the white stuff is expected back next week! :(

2 comments:

Steve Stenzel said...

Good luck on the job hunt.

And my wife's sister moved in nearly 2 years ago - it takes a while to get rid of family....

triguyjt said...

dont worry about those rumors....

those t.v. people don't know what they are talking about...haha

hope you can get through all the projects