06 June 2008

flashy flashy

I went to dinner tonight with my mom. We ate at Abuelo's which is this great Mexican restaurant off of Harvard. It was super yummy as was the margarita drinky thing I got. Then we ordered flan since my mom had never had it. Can you believe it?! She has become so much more adventurous since she started school. She LOVES tequila so she had this fancy petrone hand shaken margarita. Anyway check it out, it was very yummy and the service was excellent!

Then we met up with Steve at the dreaded Dick's Sporting Goods. I don't think anyone there has a clue how to even tie their shoes, but that is another story. So we bought these flashy things to wear while we ran tonight so people wouldn't run us over. I was actually surprised how well-lit the side streets were. I think it is still good we had them on though. Flashy-flashy. ;)

Oh and that's right you read it right Steve and I ran tonight outside. First, I must say that I never run outside except when I have a race. I'm not sure why but I just never do. I guess I don't really mind the treadmill that much and I never really was fast enough to run with any of my runner friends. With Steve I can be like "SLOW DOWN" or "SPEED UP" and I won't feel bad. He still doesn't get the concept that I'm not supposed to be running like I did preinjury so at one point I was like "Dude, back off." He had this great idea to 'race' from the church to my house. I said yeah that is exactly what I DON'T need to do.

Steve did track and CC in high school, he liked CC the best. Lately he has been talking about running again. He ran till the fall of his junior year and stopped. So tonight I was like, "Hey you want to go for a run?"

Hopefully, this is the beginning of things to come. :)

Have a great weekend everyone! It is going to be a hot one. I had originally planned on the Sunday in June ride but I have a shitload of work to do that is going to keep me busy this weekend. Good luck to my chicas doing the Clay's Park Tri (and all the other participants too!) Monica and Beth you girls are going to kick ass! :)

Oh if anyone wants a car wash Saturday/tomorrow (cheap or free I think) stop over at Bryan's Marathon on the corner of Lee and Essex. :)

2 comments:

Steve Stenzel said...

REALLY?!?! You've NEVER run outside except for races? REALLY?!?! That's insane!! Treadmills are TORTURE!!!

you're weird. Yes, that is coming from ME.

;)

allanjel said...

Night running, in our neighborhood!!! Are you C-R-A-Z-Y??? Now I have to worry about (3) of you :)

Thanks for the well wishes. The best part was sitting in the water after it was over cooling myself off....aahhh.