30 June 2008

excuses, excuses

So part of the reason I haven't been blogging lately is that I've been really busy with major cleaning and reorganization of my house and a ton of work! :( I haven't wanted to blog because I felt like all I have is endless excuses for not training. I keep saying that once things calm down I will get a more consistent schedule and I will be able to train more and consistently but I don't know when that is ever going to happen and I'm beginning to think that I'm making excuses. If I continue at the rate I'm going, which is occasional runs and dips in the pool, I will NEVER be ready for any triathlon let alone GLE.

So today I decided that I can't make 'excuses' anymore. Just as my work responsibilities and home responsibilities contribute to my life and make me feel like I'm accomplishing things (think lists and checking things off! :) ), training also makes me feel good. And I've been wanting to do it, I just always feel like I'm running around crazy busy. So now is the time for me to get strict with myself and my time. I know that I do alot; between working (which lately has been like 50+ hrs the past few weeks) and volunteer stuff and then trying to squeeze in family and friend things, but I have to make time for me. I kind of feel like we are trained from a young age to feel guilty about spending time on ourselves. Maybe it is just women that feel that way, but sometimes I put things last. Things for myself. I have to put my foot down and just say, "No, this is important I have to make time for it."

So wish me luck bloggy friends! I'm determined, now I just have to stick with it!!! :)

7 comments:

Mike said...

Right on Tracie! I totally agree about feeling guilty when not participating in everything. I've been there and it's not where you want to live life. All of those things should accentuate your life not be it. Hit the road and pool hard and do it for YOU!

Mike

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Tracie--

Welcome Home!!It does sound like your life is hectic, but a little training puts all of that nonsense into perspective! Do what makes you feel good and don't put too much pressure on yourself to "do it all!"

Steve Stenzel said...

Good luck with all of it!!!!

Mnowac said...

Good luck!

Janet Edwards said...

Hop to it chick! You can do it!!!

triguyjt said...

its about rediscovering the joy that we had as little kids....

before all those "you can't do that" kinda broke us down.

sounds like you have made time for everyone else and not for tracie...so you know what you have to do..you are headed in that direction..so.. email if you need a bike or run..we'll see...

good luck...you can do this and more...

Mnowac said...

Soooo time for an update. How are the workouts going?