16 June 2008

upside of down

The summer has been flying like crazy! I'm waiting to wake up and find that it is October. Seriously, people where are the days going!?

This weekend brought lots of fun in the sun; I swam (a bit) with Beth, Monica and Gary then thanks to a patient Beth, tried to 'master' the art of clipping in and out. (UPSIDE) And I got a GREAT sunburn. (DOWN) I knew I needed to wear sunscreen but I haven't had a chance (or made one I guess) to buy any and I just wanted to get to Aurora! It is starting to fade a bit, although I still have that great X from my swimsuit between my shoulders. It might be wishful thinking, but maybe I will have a bit of a tan. ;)

On a more personal note, things with the house have been....difficult...weird...unsettling. I think it is crazy how people change after a death and money is involved. I think it is disgusting actually. I'm disappointed that someone I cared about a great deal is being discarded essentially because she has no 'real' family. I understand everyone has different ways of dealing with grief, but for me, throwing everything away doesn't make my grief less. Thankfully, I can have her old pictures and keep my memories. I know she is gone and I know that her stuff needs to be thrown away and sold, but I guess the current manner things are being 'taken care of' is hard for me to deal with. Plus, it is the finality of it all. Obviously, it isn't like I think she is coming back but having her house the same makes things easier.

This also causes some concerns on my end. What is to come? Who will buy the house? How long will the downstairs be essentially empty? Will I like the new owner(s)? Will we be able to stay? Will we want to get out of the lease and move?

So many questions. All things that I can't really worry about but still do.

I'm hoping to get some more time in on the bike this week and once my shoulders and back don't feel so crisp, throwing my suit on and getting some time in the water. The running is still going slow but that is my weakest area and I'm hoping to master the swim and bike this year and once I feel more comfortable and stronger in those areas focus on the run, my weakest and by far least favorite area next year. I honestly could care less about my finish times this year. I just like being out there and having a good race. :)

I'm thinking of the GCT women's training day this Saturday with Monica. We can get some more water time in together. Which is always fun! It is nice to have someone that you can cheer for and who can cheer for you! :)

2 comments:

Steve Stenzel said...

Good luck with the home stuff...

triguyjt said...

hope the new owner treats you with the respect you desserve....and knocks 50 bucks a month off your rent!!!!