11 December 2012

December 12/2/12-12/8/12 and a race report!

The close of this week leaves only 11 workouts in my 5k-to-10k training plan! Can you believe it? I can't. It seems like time is flying!!!  And with only 11 workouts left that means that training for my half is right around the corner! I.CAN'T.WAIT! eek! Soooo excited.  I have several races coming up between now and when I finish my training plan.  And while I tried REALLY hard to work a few in as training days it just isn't going to happen so that is slowing down my completion but it is a good slow down!  This past Saturday was one of those days! 

My friend Millie and I ran the Jingle Bell 5k in support of the Arthritis Foundation.  SO.MUCH.FUN! Next year we will prepare our outfits more! This is the first time in my decent span of 5ks that I've run with someone else.  It was hard to find a common pace that worked for both of us as Millie's pace was about 1:30 faster than what I had planned as a recovery run.  After 2.5 miles I finally sent her on her way and did my own thing.  I didn't run as consistently as I wanted; some spots my pace was all over the place, but overall I'm happy with my PR! There were sooo many runners and walkers and I we got a bit of a late start but we were able to pass by small groups of people as the race went on and try to keep moving forward at the same time. It was a blast! My next one is a 5 miler on Xmas Eve! My longest race distance so far has been a 10k that I DNFed due to an injury.  So while this won't be my longest distance to race when I finish it will be my longest to finish. 

BEFORE

AFTER 

In other news, I did not get picked to be a guest blogger for the Cleveland Marathon. Boo! :( But that doesn't mean I'm not going to keep blogging! ;) Congrats to all those who did get chosen.  If you want to see the list and keep updated with their blogs you can visit that here!

Ok onto the training recap:


12/3/12 - W5 D2 - 1.95 miles at 14:20 - ECP -  paved

12/5/12 - W5 D3 - 2.95 miles at 13:33 - ECP - mixed trail and paved

12/6/12 - W6 D1 - 2.62 miles at 13:19 - NCR - trail

12/8/12 - Jingle Bell 5k - 3.1 miles at 13:38 - RACE DAY - paved

Weekly Total: 10.62



No comments: