22 May 2008

glow


Tonight was the beginning of Blossom Weekend in Chagrin Falls. I grew up in Chagrin, so to me this is just another Blossom. For those of you who aren't familiar with it, Blossom is the BIGGEST weekend all year in Chagrin. There is a carnival and a huge parade and then another parade on memorial day. It definitely is more fun when you are a kid or if you have kids. This weekend is also my 10 year high school reunion. I'm not attending but I'm sure those that do will have a great time.

One of the most fun parts of Blossom Weekend is the hot air balloon race. I can remember waking up to the sound of balloons filling with hot air and hellos from high in the sky. I would run out in my pjs and wave to the passing balloons. On Thursday night of Blossom they have the annual balloon glow. All the balloons get ready and after dusk, they light up and glow. I haven't been in quite a few years and I really wanted to go tonight. There were soooo many people! More than I remember. I tried to get some good pics. Enjoy!


No comments: