18 May 2008

rain rain go away

This weekend was a typical Cleveland spring weekend. As usual the weather changes pretty much every 5 seconds. Yesterday, my brother had his senior prom. I thought all the girls were going to flip out when the wind picked up and a few drops began to fall. But alas, all was well and off they went!




This morning I meet up with Sara and Monica and we headed down to the Progressive water stop at mile 17 for the Cleveland Marathon. Beth was doing the full and I was excited to be there to cheer her on! I will say all of you who were out there running this morning kicked ass! My heart sank when I woke up and heard the rain. I instantly thought of Beth and how it was going to effect her race. She of course did a great job!!!

I also saw Janet, Elizabeth, and Aimee! All the ladies were looking great and smiling! :) Many congrats go out to all the CTCers (too many of you to list! ;) that raced today!!!!!

I had such a great time working the station. It was almost more fun than racing. I was passing out water and yelling encouragement and trying to keep smiling even when some of the runners were looking low. It must have been such a hard race to run! There were two graduations going on and the rain was off and on. It would get windy and then the sun would break. I just felt so proud of everyone that ran past me. Even though I don't even know half of them, I just felt so proud of their accomplishment. It takes so much work and determination to keep going. And everyone that ran past me had so much heart! Great job to all of you!!!!

On a sad note, the Cavs lost tonight. I don't necessarily think that all the calls were legit nor do I believe that the Celtics played the most sportsman-like game but it is what it is. What is most frustrating about the conduct of the Celtics is that they are a talented team. I guess I can understand it more when players that are lacking in talent do things that aren't exactly above-board in an attempt to win. The Celtics though don't need to resort to that, they have talent.

My brother thinks they got robbed. I guess I can see that. One thing that was annoying was the announcers were totally against the Cavs. At the end of the game one of them said that the Cavs were nothing without Lebron and that we don't have enough talent on the team to make it without him. I think that he should go back to calling the game and not sharing his opinions. :P

5 comments:

Steve Stenzel said...

Cute photos! Yeah, HS girls at prom WOULD flip out at any less-than-perfect weather at prom.

Steve Stenzel said...

Oops, I said "prom" twice, and it's totally redundant. Completely redundant. Absolutely redundant.

allanjel said...

Yea, I was wet had a white shirt on and not one guy whistled at me for over 3-1/2 hrs!!! WTF..haha. Thanks for cheering for me. "Use is da awesomest" My turn to report for pit crew duty at Summi for you and MN

triguyjt said...

tracie...

thanks a million for volunteering...that is great...sorry I could not get over to your guys at mile 17..the exit to mlk was closed when I was driving that way... i should have just ran the marathon, then i would have seen you guys...

Yeah, cavs game was a bummer..

GP said...

Ahh, prom. To be that young again...

Thanks, on behalf of everyone at the Cleveland race, for volunteering. Everyone at those stations—as you know as an athlete—is a godsend. I didn't get to see you out there, but I know you made plenty of people's days on the course.

On the Cavs note: unfortunately buying a team does get you to the semi-finals. Perhaps next year (oh, god, I said "next year") the Cavs will gel and we'll win with talent and experience. And, I hope, give LBJ a reason to stick around. My fingers are crossed!