08 March 2008

my view

It is snowing....still.......since yesterday! :) After I got up this morning, I sat at my desk which faces windows that overlook Cedar Road. I watched the snow fall and slowly the street disappeared and everything was totally covered in fluffy white goodness. I took a few pics of views from my windows, not quite brave enough to go out yet. I think I might go for a walk tonight after it gets dark. Night snow pictures are the best! :) As I looked out my bedroom windows, I saw someone cross country skiing down Derbyshire. And of course people have been walking in the road instead of the sidewalks which are pretty much impossible to find. Oh I checked out my porch and it is covered in snow! I opened the door to take some pics and Morris ran out to play for a bit. I hope everyone is enjoying the snowy weather! Seems people around me are having some cabin fever, as the traffic has picked up quite a bit. If you are going to go out please be careful and drive slowly. I think I'm going to stick to walking, no wheels for me today. :) Stay warm!


8 comments:

Jen said...

Wow!!! That is quite a storm you guys are having! Stay safe... And you KNOW I love these picture of Morris in the window & his adorable paw prints the snow :-)

Patricio said...

Dang.... that's a lot of snow! Honestly though I'm kinda tired of the snow and cold... I am still dealing with the cold here(at least no snow since Mon)
Great pics! what do you feed Morris?? lol... how old is he? I ask cuz we have a cat, Tucker and he is 16 yrs old!
The tri bike story is a long one, I'll tell u more about it later :)
Chau,
PC

Charlie said...

It always amazes me when these storms hit. Stay warm.

tracie said...

jen: thanks! morris loves to have his picture taken :)

patricio: morris was a stray so i'm not totally sure of his age, it is estimated at 5-7. you would never know though because he runs around and causes trouble like a kitten. i've had him for 4 years. funny you ask about the food. morris is certainly a big cat. :) right now he weighs about 14-15 pounds. 13 is his ideal number but he has a hard time maintaining it and at 11 pounds he is much too thin so the vet and him have made a deal at 15. ;) i make most of his food (pet food is REALLY REALLY horrible when it comes to by products, antibiotics and just plain gross things) but he also gets this fancy dry food only about 1/4 cup a day. the rest is chicken, turkey or fish.

charlie: you stay warm too!!! good luck at the race tomorrow! :)

triguyjt said...

we took some snow pics too.. i shoveled about 4 hours today...good workouts

tell morris to get back in the house....

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Beautiful pictures...as long as you're on the inside look out!

davegibb said...

I linked to your for Patricio's blog, I'm in Canada and am sick of snow as well.

Photography By Terri Harper said...

Tracie,
I love the way you presented your snow pics...Neat idea and the pics are good too......pjs under your coat, too funny, but the reason it is too funny is because I think I've done that once or twice in my life. I even went outside with nothing on but a long wool cut, I mean totally naked. If the wind would have been blowing, I would have been in trouble........
Auntie Terri