13 March 2008

spring :)


Monday I saw my first robin of the spring season. :) He was gathering items to begin a nest!!! So never fear everyone things are about to shift into spring.

Sorry I have been MIA for a few days! I've been trying to get over this cold and my landlady is back in the hospital and there have been some issues with the houses so I've been taking care of a bunch of things. I'm pretty sure my cold is almost gone! Woohoo!!! I was banking on the fact that it would be on its way out by the weekend. I tried to swim the other day and it was super uncomfortable be cause my head is sooooo stuffy. :(

I get to go see the sports doc tomorrow, Dr. Shah. We will see what he says about my hip and legs. Earlier this year, I had to buy a new computer because mine was broken. So I got a laptop, which ended up being a really great deal (Under $800). So one of things that it came with, which I didn't realize was an integrated webcam. So I wanted to see what the fuss was all about with this leg length theory. Soooooo, you guessed it! I recorded myself running and walking from the side and the back. It is hard to explain without seeing the video, but the strangest thing happens. As I go into extension of my left leg, the middle of my stride, my right hip drops significantly. :( So I'm not sure what that indicates but it was quite interesting to watch myself running. I realized that I have very straight upper body. I'm reading this book right now, Chi Running, and I've been totally into all the chi business he is talking about and am excited to try some of the techniques and exercises in there. So we'll see what happens. I will probably be reviewing the book and techniques next week sometime, so stayed tuned for that!

I have pilates today, so I'm going to show my video to Hayley and see what she thinks about it. Seriously, you should try it, it is quite interesting to watch your running technique.

If I have time before the interclub social tomorrow, I will post an update from the wise Dr. Shah.

I hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine!!! Happy Thursday! :)

6 comments:

Patricio said...

Yessssssssss!!! spring time! Finally the ice freezing cold is gone.... we've been having nicer days and running outside a lot more.
Recording yourself? You know I asked my wife how weird would that be if she does that at the gym while I swim and also at the treadmill when I run... but we haven't done it yet. It's a good idea I think.
Good luck with Dr Shah! :)

P

Mnowac said...

I read Chi Running, I'd be interested to know how the techniques work. Good luck with that. see you tonight.

davegibb said...

I ran today for the first time in months without a jacket or gloves. Just my long sleeve tech shirt for a 40 minute tempo was awsome

Papa Louie said...

I heard a bird singing yesterday evening and thought what a swwet sound. Spring is in the air.

triguyjt said...

love hearing more andmore birds....

spring is springing up all over

Steve Stenzel said...

Everyone's sick!! I haven't spotted my first robin yet...I'm jealous!!