05 August 2008

and the winner is...

C!!! ok so only four votes but still! ;)

So here is the deal, course A is the GCT sprint course that I have to ride this weekend. B is the Fairport Harbor course that I did a few weeks ago and I only remember one small small hill. And C is the ride I did this Sunday, which was supposed to be longer but I got too tired and I wasn't hydrated enough and I haven't been eating right or testing! My brother wasn't thrilled when I told him I was turning around, but such is life.

And yes that hill at the end is a killer and I got about half way and was around 9-11mph and felt like I might die so I said screw this! I turned around went back to the bottom unclipped and proceeded to walk up the bridle trail that runs next to the road. Which by the way was not fun because A. who knew they paved the bridle trails in concrete!?! and B. the dirt that HAD been over it was now all shifted and packed to the sides creating this narrow valley in which I had to maneuver my stupid shoes (the hatred continues) and my bike. No fun, but I guess I felt a little better about it than tackling the hill at the end of my ride! :)

All this hilliness kind of got me worried for the race this weekend. I don't expect all tris to be easy, but I guess I was hoping for a more flat course like Fairport. ;) I will do what I can and walk if I have to. Hopefully, I will feel invincible like my last tri and I won't even notice the hills! :) Also, I had very little problems with my clips at the race but Sunday I just couldn't seem to get the right one in. I think there was some psych out going on too because of the major intersections I had to cross. All of them were only two way stops and the speed limit on the roads is 35 but people tend to do 40-45.

I'm hoping that I can at least get half of the course in before Sunday. I'm only working one job now so I have more free time (a la two blog posts in less than 12 hours) so hopefully I can fit it in. May days this week are pretty chopped up though. Meetings around 9am then nothing again till 3pm, work until 8pm. I'm think that if I can get out of my meeting early tomorrow am, I can swing by the house and zoom out to Mentor, ride and then zoom home by 3pm.

Tonight I have a swim on tap after pilates. Just in the pool though. :( I have no swimming partner for OWS, plus I would be able to get to the lake until 7:30-7:45pm. *sigh* Ok I'm off to do some laundry and write a few cover letters. I know you are all super jealous! ;)

5 comments:

Trishie said...

Have a great swim tonight -- and a great race this weekend!

Steve Stenzel said...

Good luck with the hills this weekend! Don't let them get to you!!

Patricio said...

You're gonna do AWESOME!!!
Can't wait for the RR! :)
PC

triguyjt said...

reember hills are just flat roads with occasional challenges

JenC said...

Best part of hills is you can go down too. Don't get that with flat.

GCT sprint course is not bad at all. Just some highway overpasses. You'll be great! Just don't picnic in T1 this time. ; )

See you tomorrow!