21 January 2013

Tracking My Progress & Training Log 1/14-1/20/13

For Christmas I asked for a training journal.  My brother got it for me and I've been using since the beginning of the year.  I love it and it feeds my need to track all my workouts.  I also use a garmin and runkeeper. :) It may seem redundant but it is nice to have both of them while running.  I like having the audio cues in my ear when I'm just running and not paying attention to time or distance and I enjoy being able to look at my wrist to see how fast I'm actually moving as compared to my perceived pace.  I LOVE to track things.  I can't help it! It might be a sickness. ;) Anyhow, tracking has provided insight into patterns, changes in training and a way to see my accomplishments.  I think it is beneficial for anyone! Now that I'm working with a coach and will be including strengthening and cross-training into my weekly schedule, tracking will help demonstrate the impact that these activities will have on my running.

This week I had pretty decent runs.  My favorite run was Wednesday.  I felt the most amazing on Monday but in terms of scenery, Wednesday was by far the best run of the week.  Wednesday I usually do my long runs and I do them at the same place most weeks.  This week the sunset was AMAZING!  I had to stop and take a picture it just was that beautiful. 


1/14 - 3.35 mi GREAT feeling run 11:52/mi 39:48 pavement/trail mix; 30 mins yoga
1/15 - yoga 60 mins
1/16 - 5.11 mi 13:19/mi 1:08 trails
1/17 - strengthening exercises; 45 mins cardio
1/18 - 2.68 mi windy; tired legs pavement 13:31/mi 36:17
1/19 - 3.24 mi 13:26/mi 43:34 trails tired legs
1/20 - yoga 60 mins

total miles: 14.38 miles



No comments: