29 January 2013

Training 1/21-1/27/13 and an amazing winter run!

This week was a bit hit or miss with the running.  I got my runs in but none of them were for the coach prescribed time.  But I got them in! This week presented some challenges with the cold weather but by my second run of the week I had mastered my gear and was toasty warm for the rest of my runs. :) One thing that made an incredible difference was using a turtle to cover my nose and mouth.  The bitter cold temps here was aggravating my asthma but once I covered my nose and mouth and warmed the air that I was breathing it became almost a non-issue. 

I was in Toronto this weekend for some YTT funness so I took Friday off and did my long run that day.  Oh my goodness! What an amazing run!!! Honestly, I'm so frequently in awe of just how beautiful the park is.  Sometimes I'm just breathless and so appreciative of the beauty that surrounds me.  It was still snowing when I started my run and I've been trying to get in pavement and trail running so I started off on the multipurpose trail and ran until I encountered a trail in the woods.  I picked that up and ran until it ended following the foot prints and ski tracks until I reached a road.  Then I ran down that to the paved trail and was able to pick up the trail inthe woods that I had hoped to explore.  I was able to see all sorts of the park that I have never seen.  I do most of my running at night and have a very HIGH propensity to get lost so I stick with trails I know at night so I don't end up lost, alone and in the dark. It was so awesome to run during the day and without a plan.  I did get a bit lost and ended up out there a bit longer than I was scheduled but I didn't care it really was just such an amazingly beautiful run.  I feel so lucky to be able to run and even more blessed that I get to do it in such a beautiful place! I feel so calm and peaceful and pull so much energy from the ground below me.  It is a feeling of such amazing oneness with nature. here are some pics from my awesome run!

I have a coach for my first half marathon and she's added some other activities to my schedule.  Things are pretty busy at work and I'm wrapping up YTT this coming month so hopefully it will become easier.

M 1/21 - chiro; 36:24 - trail - 14:51/mi - 2.45 mi; 45 mins spinning and 30 mins yoga
T 1/22 - 30 mins jillian micheal's six week abs; strengthening exercises
W 1/23 - 46:59 - pavement - 14:14/mi - 3.30mi
R 1/24 - rest
F 1/25 - 1:22:28 - pavement/trail mix - 15:27/mi - 5.34mi; massage
S 1/26 - 28:00 - pavement (downtown toronto) - 14:11/mi - 1:98mi; yoga 75 mins
S 1/27 - yoga 75 mins; strengthening exercise

total mileage: 13.07 miles

No comments: