13 January 2013

Training Log 1/7-1/13/13

This weekend was my official last weekend of yoga teacher training.  It feels like it went by so fast! We've been working since September and now all we have left is our teaching practicum the first weekend of February! I'm sooo excited! I also taught my first official class at the studio this weekend! We've added two kids classes and I get to teach them both. :) Hopefully, the class will grow! It is so much fun to teach kids and interact with them! They are incredibly flexible and open to what yoga offers.  And I can't tell you how rewarding it is to see someone "get" a pose and accomplish something they've never done before! I even got my class to om! :)

My house got hit with the stomach flu and try as I might I eventually succumbed.  I thought the worst was over by Saturday evening but after I ran the 4M Prediction Run, I wasn't feeling myself.  My fever was back by the afternoon and I ended up calling in sick on Monday morning and resting all day.  I still was able to get some decent miles in and while I had to scrap my training plan for the week, I felt good about squeezing in 3 runs.


1/7 - sick1/8 - chiro/rest1/9 - 5 miles - icy/slushy/soupy trails 1:14:17 - 14:52/mi; 30 min yoga, 20 mins on the foam roller1/10 - 3.13 miles - pavement 38:52 - 12:25/mi; 20 min yoga1/11 - rest1/12 - 2.38 miles - pavement/trail mix 31:02 - 13:02/mi; 2 hours yoga - legs were tired!!!1/13 - rest 1.5 hours yoga


total: 10.51 miles

The weather this past week was incredible! It was nice to be out and feel the sun but I'm ready for winter to come back.  Tomorrow the temps should dip back into the 20s. Then all we will need is snow! :) Have a great week!!!

No comments: