06 January 2013

Training Log 12/31/12-1/6/13 and a Race Report!

Gorgeous mid-day run!!!
The first week of January is done! Woohoo! I hope all of you have had wonderful holidays and the happiest of New Year's! The first week of 2013 started off with (technically) 2 races, some beautiful running days and  the stomach flu. Monday, the last day of 2012, I ran the GNYER and then went to a fun NYE party and celebrated with some great friends. Tuesday was a family day and Wednesday I was back at work - boo!  Wednesday was a trying day and I just felt off.  Thursday I spent the day at work feeling dizzy and weird.  Friday I was able to get in a beautiful run around lunch time that was MUCH better with the aid of my new yaktrax.  As soon as I finished, my stomach hurt.  By the afternoon I was certain that I was getting sick and by 7pm I had a decently high fever and the stomach flu. Saturday I was pretty drained and still not feeling well but determined to do my first official race of 2013.

Post race reward :) 
I woke up this morning feeling pretty good and got everything together and out of the door with time to spare.  Today was the Dirty Snowflake 4M Prediction Race.  That's right, prediction, no watches and you predict your time!  Luckily, the race started on time! :) I started off in the last third of the pack as there weren't a ton of racers and they all looked super fast!  Once we made our way onto the Ledges trail and it became mostly single-track I wished I had toughed it out and tried for middle of the pack.  There were a lot of traffic jams and I had to walk quite a bit in the beginning.  Eventually the route got a bit wider and I was able to move around some.  I underestimated my race by 9 minutes! :( But I had a great time and the course was AWESOME and super beautiful.  I left right after I came in because my stomach started getting all weird and nauseous. Can I just say that the thing I dislike about doing races South of here is that there are hardly any Starbucks?!  I know that sounds ridiculous but there is nothing better after a good run than a hot cup of tea!  So after I found a Starbucks, I headed home to get some yoga, stretching, lunch and a shower. It was a great race and good practice at running without a watch which honestly made me a bit crazy mostly because I didn't know the distance.  I feel like if I hadn't got held up at the beginning I might have gotten closer to my goal.  I also think due to the conditions on the course I probably should have added 5 minutes or so to my time. ;)

Weekly Training 12/31/12-1/6/13

12/31/12 - W9 D3 - 3.15 miles at 12:21 - Great New Year's Eve 5k - road

1/2/13 - 1.73 miles at 20:08 ouch!- NCR snowy trails

1/4/13 - 3.57 miles at 15:32 - not bad for the flu! - NCR snowy trails but with yaktrax! :) 

1/6/13 - 4.13 miles at 14:26 - CVNP Ledges and Pine Grove Trails

Weekly Total: 12.58 miles

No comments: