09 November 2007

I can't wait for January...

I know, you must be thinking, "What?! It's only November."

No there isn't anything exciting going on in January, I'm just ready for the Fall and the busy times to be over. Lately, I've been feeling a little out of control. I have been super busy with work, family and friend commitments, workouts and everyday life that I don't totally feel like I'm accomplishing much of what I actually want to. I wanted to swim yesterday AM, but got up late because I went to bed late because I worked late and had to do a load of laundry so I had clean workout clothes. :( And so the endless cycle continues. I would have gone last night but I had a million errands to run and Thursdays I spend with my brother. So this morning I had big plans for getting up at 5am and getting to the gym by 5:30am to swim for 30 mins and then be back home so I could get him to school on time. I didn't get up till 5:30am and then I did a little cleaning in the kitchen. *sigh* Oh well. Ok, I'm done complaining. :)

I ran a couple of miles yesterday, but only on the treadmill. (Yes for all you CTCers, I did listen to my mix that I posted on the forum, including George Michael. :P ) I think the running by far, is going to be the biggest challenge for me. I have noticed though that I'm building endurance faster than I thought I would, so that is always a plus. :) I have a workout with Alexis this morning and hopefully she will kick my ass with it!

Sunday begins my swim clinic/classes. I'm really nervous because I'm not sure that I'm completely ready. I know the whole point of doing this class was to get better, but I still can only do a few laps consecutively before I have to rest. I wanted to start swimming 6 weeks before the class so I would be in better condition. So many things prevented that from happening and I've only been able to swim for two weeks. :( And I'm only averaging 12-15 laps in 30 mins because of my resting and goggle issues. While I'm averaging 1:10-1:30 per lap (50 yd), I should be doing more laps in 30 mins. Wish me luck!

Tonight is the first meeting I will be attending for the CTC. I'm excited to meet everyone! This makes me feel like I am actually going to become a triathlete. :) I also want to check out Bike Authority and see what swim stuff they have.

Yesterday, work was crazy crazy busy! And at the end of the day, as I was closing everything on my desktop, I say this article: http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/21689083/?GT1=10547 .

It is a pretty awesome story about a surfer who was attacked by a great white shark and then saved by a ring of dolphins. I love all things water and animals so I enjoyed it. :) Apparently, this is not some weird phenomenon. The article mentions that a group of lifeguards in New Zealand were recently saved from sharks in the same manner.

Here are some more stories of dolphins to the rescue:
http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2004/11/24/dolphin_newzealand041124.html
http://www.eurocbc.org/page157.html


So the first thing that came to my mind was how awesome it was that dolphins, which are already cool, saved a human who as a race destroys their habitat everyday. Then I thought about how applicable it is to what I'm going through. We all have to have faith that things really will turn out for the best and that all the little details will fall into place. I lose sight of the fact that I really don't have control over everything that happens in my life and that it is ok. But you still have to have that fight to keep the sharks at bay until your ring of dolphins shows up.

I know they are on their way, I'll try to be patient...

1 comment:

Mnowac said...

Love your post today! I love dolphins myself. see you tonight