11 November 2007

soooo much to say...

So it was a pretty busy weekend. Here is the recap:

FRIDAY:
Work, not much to say about that, pretty busy and uneventful. I left work late so I got to the CTC meeting late. :( I felt horrible because I had told Monica, my fellow newbie, that I was coming and then turned out to be late (which seemed to be a theme this weekend).

The meeting was great and the guest speakers had a ton of info! I met up with Monica and then met some other CTCers and headed over to BW3s. Shout outs to Cat, Elizabeth, Sara, Craig, Charlie, Janet, Debbie and Brandon. It was great to meet everyone, especially Sara and Charlie; from reading your blogs it was great to actually meet the people behind the words. :)

Monica and I started talking about the race upcoming race season, very exciting!

SATURDAY:
I was sooo tired from the week and I ended up sleeping pretty late. Suddenly, it was 8:45 and I was still sleeping. I got up did some cleaning and emailing and headed out to my parent's house. Then in the afternoon I headed to Bally's did a short 30 min run (2 miles) and almost gave the woman next to me a heart attack.

She wasn't wearing a HRM so mine was transmitting to my wrist, treadmill and her treadmill. So I begin and suddenly she is like, "oh oh oh, look at this! that is you isn't it?" I said, "yes, yes, sorry about that!"

So about 10 mins later she takes her headphones off and looks at me quizzically. I can see her looking at me out of my peripheral vision so I turn my head and look at her and smile. She looks at me with shock and concern and says, "Are you ok??? I can see your heart rate and it is at 165. I don't think you should be working that hard. Do you know what you are doing? I mean are you getting back into this running thing or training for something?" I thanked her for her concern and told her I was fine, that I was only running for 30 mins and then swimming for 30 mins so I have to work hard for that short period of time.

She just looks at me and says, "Well, God bless you! Be careful, I'm sorry to butt in, but I think that you are working too hard. I'll mind my own business." With that she covered the treadmill display with her sweatshirt. :( I felt bad and thanked her for her concern but I knew I felt fine so I kept going. I swam and the pool was packed. My lane partner was crazy side swimming lady. ;) Seriously, not judging!

SUNDAY:
Swim class this morning. LATE! So embarrassed!!! It is the first class and I was late. :( Well, I got to see some familiar faces. Cat and Charlie are swimming too so that was fun! I definitely realized some areas where I need to focus on more. I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to keep up; I think I did ok. I was feeling bad for a few laps because I kept coming in after everyone else was done but then I realized that we had more people than most lanes. (I think!) So whether that is me trying to boost my ego or reality, I didn't feel completely lost or drowning!

Then I went over to see Don and my Auntie Terri. We looked over her photography and some of mine. That was fun, visiting and just relaxing a bit. She has a gallery opening coming up soon!!! I'm so excited. You can check out her website and blog, the links are listed on the right. She keeps trying to get me to put stuff in the gallery; we'll see.

I also had my free training session at Bally's this evening at 5pm. I thought it was earlier but thankfully it wasn't! I met with Shi Hong who rocked. She really pushed me and then did a great job stretching me out after. She was a competitive synchronized swimmer for like 13 years in China, so she said she could help me with some stroke mechanics and give me a few exercises to help with core stability and upper body strength.

Now I'm just exhausted and totally unsure about how tomorrow is going to go with Alexis.

Oooooohhhhhh, they are announcing the new Iron Chef. Michael Symon from Cleveland is one of the finalists.

drumroll please..........

and the winner is......................Chef Symon!!!! Woohoo!!!! Congrats!!!

I actually had dinner at Lolita with my friend Krista this past spring for my birthday. It was wonderful! Very yummy food!


Sorry it was such a long post tonight! I promise the next will be better aka shorter. ;)

3 comments:

Charlie said...

Welcome to the world of multisport. See you for many Sunday mornings to come.

Mnowac said...

Hey there! See you Wed. Where/when/who are doing these swimming lessons Sunday? Is it at Bally's?

Monica

B Bop said...

Nice meeting you on Friday Tracie! I'm starting RR's once a month swim training next week, so I'm glad you didn't post anything about swimming until you couldn't lift your arms last Sunday ;-)

Brandon