14 November 2007

Tonight I had coffee with Monica. So fun! She convinced me to do the Pigskin 5K Classic this Saturday. Woohoo! Although, if the weather is what they predict, the marginal will be freezing! I will of course have a report for all you wonderful readers on Saturday. Ha! I know you can't wait. ;)
_____________________________________________________________________

I'm finally sending my packages for my Adopt a Platoon soldiers. It is so weird how you can have such concern for people you don't even really know. I added the link to my list if anyone is interested in checking it out. They often run different programs throughout the year. My mom and I will be sending some fun stockings for Christmas.

It is amazing to me that these two young men will be away for the holidays on their first tour. I can't imagine being 21 or 23 and doing the things that they have to. It is upsetting to think about the reasons that they are there.

I've had a family member and a couple of friends over there already. Thankfully, they are home and safe. Please, regardless of what you think about the war itself, please keep all of our service people in your thoughts not just through the holidays but always.

____________________________________________________________________

I read an interesting article today about RTA. Seems that they are having budget issues and as a result have rerouted the buses to link up to the trains. Can you hear the ta-da horns? ;) Light rail is never utilized enough. I'm excited to see what the results will be. You can read more about the plans here: http://www.gcrta.org/pdf/presentations/2007-11-13-ServiceChanges.pdf

____________________________________________________________________

So sorry for the blah post today! I'm a little tired and have to get to bed. Up early tomorrow to workout. Yeah! Can you just hear the excitement???

So until next time, stay safe and warm! :)

1 comment:

B Bop said...

Hmmmmm, looks like the GCRTA invested $17.6 million in the Euclid corridor project. Might explain their funding issues.

Good thing they're serving up stiff drinks on Sat. morning to keep everyone warm, eh??