18 December 2007

weekend wrap up....

Things have been C-R-A-Z-Y lately! Saturday I got my haircut and worked out for a bit then went out to dinner for sushi, very yummy! Sunday I had my swim class which I felt like I sucked at! SOOOOOOOOOO slow! Then I met Monica for coffee during the lovely blizzard. It was seriously snowing!!! Then I vegged and did some housework.

I have blisters on my toes from my beloved Zoomers. I've never had this happen before but I also have never worn them as long as I did on Sunday. I have a nice gross pic for all of you!



this was taken on Sunday after I wiped all the lint from my socks off the open blisters - fun!

Today - so pretty huh?

This week is my second to last week with Alexis. Things are going well but I haven't been feeling like a super star this week so far, hopefully things will turn around! I started putting together a workout regime in anticipation of my workout status change. ;) Originally, I was thinking that I could workout in the AM and then head into work but I was thinking this morning of changing my work hours and starting at 7am and working till 3pm then running over to the gym. I often do work at home and on the weekends so I would totally be able to make up any time I missed at the office. Plus I seem to get SOOOO much more done early in the morning when everyone else is on their way to work. What do you think??? Please leave comments!!!!

Last night my brother and I went to Great Lakes Brewing Company for a City Fresh Monday. We met fellow CTCer Brandon there. It was really great! The topic covered this month was community gardening, very interesting. I had some chicken soup made with locally grown food. How cool is that!? Then the three of us stuck it out to watch the Cavs bring in a win! WOOHOO!

The holidays are coming faster than I expected! :( I totally don't feel ready. I'm having the fam over on Christmas Day so I have to get my house in working order. Please don't remind me that it is like in a week! :(

From my last post Tea was asking about HR targets between sports. I'm currently compiling the info I have for that and will post either tomorrow or Thursday. So stay tuned bloggers!!!! :)

7 comments:

B Bop said...

Glad you made it over to GLBC last night. It was a fun and insightful evening, indeed. Did you know Cleveland was the 1st city in the U.S. to write urban gardens into their zoning code?? We're cooler than everyone thinks ;-)

Cramming more than one discipline into the evening isn't the best idea IMO. I would say either 6 days training per week/2 workouts in each discipline, or split the workouts into AM/PM. It can be beneficial to get in 2 workouts/day at least a couple of days per week, assuming your body cooperates. I have been easing into 2 workouts/day over the last 8 months or so keeping a careful watch on my immune response.

It is very hard to recover from a 3 hour marathon training session.....whereas if you split those up into a 1 hr. a.m. swim and 2 hr. p.m. ride, say, with at least 4 or 5 hours to recover after the swim you can get more out of both workouts and run less risk of having trouble recovering for the next days workouts. A good option is also to get in a shorter workout at lunchtime, and then another after work in the evening.

Just my opinion....
B

Tea said...

The time is going by so fast. I can't believe it's the 18th!

Steve Stenzel said...

Where is said gross pic?

tracie said...

of course you want the pics Steve :P I have them at home so I'm updating tonight, don't worry your pretty little head any. ;) Seriously, when you were talking about your frostbite problems I kept thinking that Mr. Hankey's hat would have come in handy for you! Oh man, handy.....ok, I'm done....

tracie said...

Thanks for the suggestions B! I totally have to get something started!

Yesterday was alot of fun. Hopefully, we will see you at the next one!

And planners are totally way cooler! I can't believe that isn't common knowledge. ;) Enjoy the school free weeks!

triguyjt said...

hey tracie...brandons suggestions are dead on... good advice.. i really like to get a biggy workout in the am.. and save something for later. it is nice to split it up....but THAT was when I was caffeinated. god knows what happens now...
steve is right to ask... we will demand gross pics..

triguyjt said...

how kind of you to paint the nails red. I think you will live...but barely.