13 December 2007

a whole pool to myself.....

That's right everyone. Don't be too jealous now! ;)

Last night I was running a bit behind in my errands, so I didn't get to the gym until after 8pm. But I still did my 90 min workout like I planned and it was pretty great. I had a kick ass song list on my shuffle so the run and bike were super enjoyable. I spent the last 2 mins of my run in high gear at 5.8 at an incline of 1.5 so that was hard but good. Then I walked for a couple of minutes before heading over to the bikes.

I finally got in the pool around 9:45. And it was empty. :) :) :) Which was nice because I was doing some drills using my Zoomers (which are by far my FAVORITE swimming accessory!!!) and my pull buoy and kick board. I'm trying to work on rotation so I did a 100 at the beginning swimming on my side and just kicking and ended with another 100 at the end. Then for my cool down I did 100 breaststroke, 100 back and 50 just coasting through the water. I'm getting back to where I used to be in terms of holding my breathe. I know it really isn't that important but I guess it goes back to all of my lifeguard tests I had to do when I was kid. I can swim almost 3/4 of one length underwater now, so I'm happy about that.

So I have to say I had some technical difficulties with my HRM for the first time in the water last night. It was only when I was using the kick board so I'm hoping this isn't going to become a usual occurrence for me. Keep those fingers crossed bloggers! :) I was in such a rush to get my ass in the water that I forgot to take off my sports bra, which happens to be new so I'm hoping it isn't destroyed because of the chlorine. :( Soooo once I realized it was still on I stealthily slipped my suit straps down and managed to get it off in the hopes that 200M didn't kill it completely. I'll let you all know what happens; I'm sure you're just DYING to hear about it. I like to make my transition from gym to pool quick so I run and bike with my suit on and a sports bra underneath. Then I hit the locker room and get rid of the things I don't need (i.e. shuffle, pants, kicks, shirt) and get the things I do need (i.e. towel, goggles, drill equip.) and hustle to the pool. See guys it really is hard being a chick! ;) j/k I wish I could find a suit that had the coverage I need. But haven't found one yet.

Steve totally didn't want to run this AM which was fine because I didn't either! :P Hopefully, I can get some swimming in tonight. Even 30 mins is better than none!

Have a great day everyone! :)

3 comments:

E-Speed said...

lol about the sports bra. i hope it's okay, those things aren't cheap!

Tea said...

I love my zoomers too! I don't have a HRM that I can take in the water. What kind of difference do you have between zones? I've heard 7 beats slower for bike and about another 5-7 for swim. Do you think that's about right?

tracie said...

Hey Tea! I usually follow 8-10 for cycling and 10-12 for swimming.

Do you use booties when you wear your Zoomers???