09 January 2008

bike update :)

First I want to thank all of you for the awesome advice! It was definitely something I needed!!! So here is the update:

I went to the bike shop to check out the bikes and have a preliminary fit to see what size was best for me. I was looking at Giants so I hopped on a kick ass one a.k.a totally out of my price range, and road on the trainer for a bit so Jacob, rockin sales guy, could take a look and get some measurements. It was quickly determined that the XSmall wasn't quite extra small enough for me. :( I road in the lot for a bit to get a feel and then he did some more measuring. When I looked at the bikes I've been lusting over, I was quickly able to narrow it down to a couple of fitness level bikes, no entry racers, one competition bike and nothing else higher.

As we looked at other manufacturers I realized a trend. It seems that all the full composite/carbon bikes didn't come small enough. :( Anyhow, I thought about getting last year's frame of the composite racing bike I was in love with because last year they came in my size, but it was slightly more than I wanted to spend. But then all of your handy advice popped into my head. So I went back yesterday and went with the competition bike, aluminum frame/carbon fork and then made some upgrades to the shifters, wheels, pedals, and derailleurs. Oooohhh, it's red too. ;) Then I got my shoes and a rack for my car. Everything was less than I had anticipated because I got some super great deals so now I just have to wait till it comes in. :) So thanks again, I had all the advice running around in my head as I made my decision.


Photobucket

Now, who wants to go riding?!?!?!

7 comments:

Tea said...

VERY NICE! I bet you're motivated now!

triguyjt said...

can't beat my red cannondale...
nut-ahh..
That looks nice.. glad it worked out for you..
good job...

Charlie said...

The TCR is a nice bike. Congrats.

tracie said...

thanks everyone! :)

is that a challenge JT!?! :P cuz it looks like i'll soon be ready to race.....lol

B Bop said...

Awesome!!!! Did you name him yet??

Mnowac said...

COol. Yeah, the Jamis came in Xsmall, which is why I ended up with it too.

Craig said...

That's a sweet bike! Perfect for training rides and race days too.