18 January 2008

so exciting!!!!

Today as I sat at my desk, recounting my 2 hours at UB yesterday and what going to classes and starting my project means, my cell rang. And guess who it is was............................Jacob at Mountain Road Cycles!!!!!!!!!!!! That's right everyone, my bike is ready for me to pick up. If he had been standing in front of me I probably would have hugged him! I'm so excited to get fitted and bring it home. :)

One sad note to report though. So as I described in my last bike post, I am apparently more miniature than I thought. So not only do I have to have a 2xsmall but the wheels I originally ordered and wanted only come in 700s and for my frame I need 650s. :( :( So goodbye Mavic Aksiums! It was nice for a little while when I thought you would be part of my wonderful bike.

So maybe one of you very talented readers should take this knowledge and run with it. I can't possibly be the only short person who wants a road bike. So why don't all the cool things come in my size!?! Maybe one of you very talented readers should create a product line for shorties! ;) I know I would buy the products! :) But seriously, I know alot of short people so I know there is a market I just don't know why they don't make stuff for us.

Tomorrow, I'm going to the movies with my mom and gram. :) THEN, I'm going to get my bike!!!! So the first thing I'm going to do when I get it home is put it on the trainer. Then I will probably stare at it for a little while in wonder (told you I was the same as a four year old) and then I will ride. Unfortunately, there is some crazy snow storm predicted for this weekend so I won't be able to take it outside. But rest assured, when I do you all will be the first to know about it! ;)

5 comments:

Charlie said...

650 is a great problem to have. Many deals to be had on this size wheel.
I often bemoan the fact that I am of average build. It is very hard to find things on clearance in my size.

Congrats on the bike!

triguyjt said...

tracie...
enjoy the bike when everything gets worked out...

and don't forget to get out in that snow....

I love to run in the snow.

B Bop said...

I can imagine how excited you are for the bike!!

Tall people need bikes too!!! When manufactures get to my size they often jump up 3cm instead of 2. What's up with that??

...you're finishing up your masters thesis/project?? Whatcha studying??

Mnowac said...

Ooh so glad your bike is in! Now hit that trainer hard and when it warms up, I'll take you for a great hilly ride by our houses. We'll ride to Chagrin Falls and back! Great training ride!

Josh Middleton said...

Congratulations on getting your bike back!!