01 January 2008

Today the NHL made history

While most people in Cleveland aren't very interested in hockey, I LOVE, LOVE it! And today, history was made in the good old b-lo! Today the NHL held their first outdoor hockey game in Buffalo, NY at Ralph Wilson Stadium (OP, NY). There have been outdoor games in Canada and a few collegiate games have been played outdoors in the US, but this was the first NHL game in the US.

My brother and I watched the game this afternoon (1:00-4:30pm), envious of the 73,000 fans freezing in the brisk, snowy Buffalo winter. It was wonderful to watch even though the Sabres lost. :( Hopefully, there will be more. They were discussing other teams that might hold outdoor games. The next exciting game is the Bruins vs. Rangers at the Gardens!

Woohoo! Go HOCKEY! ;)

You can check out the game summary HERE.

I grabbed some game day pics off Getty Images and made a little slide show for all of you in blogland! I know you are SOOOOOO excited! ;) Enjoy!





P.S. Sorry for the poor quality! I could only grab the editorial pics and to get better res. you have to purchase them.

2 comments:

Steve Stenzel said...

That was cool to see the game outside!! Happy 08!

triguyjt said...

that was very cool..caught some of it after my solo polar plunge.
.love buffalo
have a good one