23 January 2008

week in review

Soooooo.......I didn't mean to leave everyone hanging! Saturday I went and got my bike! :) I lllloooovvveee it!!!!!!!!!

Photobucket

Saturday
I went to the movies with my mom and gram. We saw a girlie movie, cuz gram loves those best. ;) 27 Dresses. It was pretty cute. The best part was all the crazy dresses she had to wear! Then I ran over to Mountain Road Cycles and got fitted for my bike. Then I had to go pick up my landlady June. She had been in the hospital since Monday.

Sunday
I can't even remember what I did that day. :( Cleaning I think.

Monday
I did some weights and jumped on the bike for 30mins. I only had time for an hour workout. :( Steve and I went to City Fresh Monday at the Great Lakes Brewing Company. It was a really great presentation this month. Darren Doherty from Australia was speaking about permaculture. I've always wanted to have a farm. :) I know, I know. But I think it would be so amazing and fulfilling and listening him to made me wish I could. He had amazing stories to tell and even better pictures. Here is a link to his website.

Tuesday
Monica and I had a swim lesson with Laura Kessler. She was so helpful! I need help with my stroke. I do well in the other areas but my stroke is not efficient or very good. :( Elbows up!!!

And that brings us to today! :) I got my IronGirl DVDs today! Woohoo! So I did a bike session which was good. Only about 8 miles in 25 mins but it was a good workout. Intervals and we had to keep the cadence up over 100. One thing I like about these DVDs is how short they are. It is a three pack - running, spinning and strength. Each DVD has 3-7 25-35min sessions and all are of different levels. So you can mix things up! The strength one looks pretty tough but I'm looking forward to trying it out. I also got a couple of endurance mixes off iTunes with a gift card from xmas (thanks mom! :) ) So tomorrow Lance Armstrong and I will be running for 45mins. :)

My living room has been turned into a training area. Thank god I live alone. ;) My bike has taken the place of the coffee table and this weekend I will probably move my treadmill back in there too. So here's to happy training everyone! :)

Photobucket

5 comments:

Janet Edwards said...

Yeah I tried to pull that in my living room...it didn't last so long before my husband pulled the plug on that idea!

triguyjt said...

my treadmill is in the basement and the heavy bench and weights and stuff there too....but the bride always uses our great room to do her weights (with stability ball and works on her methods to torture clients in pilates.
by the way...nice bike
good luck

Charlie said...

The living room is for living. Seems like the workout gear fits right in.
Who needs a coffee table when you have a bottle cage?

Jen said...

CUTE bike!!! (Ahem, I mean, dude, nice gear ratio. That's a sweet ride.)

My problem is keeping my cats from sinking their claws into my tires!!! (when the bike is stationary, of course; they stay away while I'm riding!) Are yours at all interested in this new fixture?

B Bop said...

I think the bike and trainer block look perfect in the living room!!!

I saw Darren speak a while back...good stuff.