08 February 2008

do you have stars on your underwear???

So I went to see Dr. Shah today. He was very nice and totally understands my desire to get back into things which was AWESOME! Unfortunately, he couldn't magically share his speed, but oh well. :)

Let me break it down for all of you....

Drive for what seems like forever, because let's face it, Hudson isn't really close to anything. ;) Go into to see the Dr. and meet the med student studying with him.

They had me perform a bunch of very specific movements to assist in a diagnosis. Then I had to have xrays of my hip/pelvis area to see what was going on. This is the 'good' part of the story so keep reading.

So everything goes totally fine with that and the technician says,"Just stay here and I will check the films in case we have to redo some."

me: "Ok sure. Thanks!"

waiting.....

The door opens slowly and the two technicians peak their heads out and the one looks at the other and then at me and says:

"Do you have stars on your underwear?!"

At first, I was like what the hell is she talking.....about....then "OH.MY.GOD."

I didn't even think when I was getting dressed this morning about my appointment. I grabbed whatever was clean and ran out of the house. Well let me tell you what was clean in the underwear department. Hot pink panties with crazy diamond studded stars!

Instantly my hands cover my girlie parts (cuz everyone totally has xray vision now) and I get beat red and start apologizing to the techs.

I am taken back into my room and pretty much everyone that works in the office knows about my panties. Dr. Shah comes back in and says, "Oh wow, yeah there they are."

LMAO

Seriously, it was pretty hysterical. And guess what?!?! I took pictures. ;)

Photobucket

Photobucket

I knew you would all want evidence! :P

DIAGNOSIS:

I have a hip flexor/iliopsoas strain. Here is a lovely diagram of the muscles that are involved. So I'm allowed to "cross-train like crazy" (exact words of Dr. Shah ;) ) but kind of watch the running. So the Chili Bowl is on!!! He said it would probably be my slowest time but if I didn't care and I felt ok I could participate. However, at the first sign of any discomfort I have to stop running. :(
PhotobucketPhotobucket

I also have to keep up that damn foam roller on my IT band. (OUCH!!!!!!!!!!! that doesn't even do it justice people!) I also have to go for PT 1-2 per week for 4 weeks and then go back and see him. ($$$$$)

Now, I gotta run! I'm going to dinner and then out to see Wicked tonight! Which by the way, if you haven't seen you NEED to! It is phenomenal!!!!!

7 comments:

JenC said...

Now, that's some funny stuff! I'll have to keep that mind if I ever need x-rays. You must have given them a scare! Hope you heal quickly.

B Bop said...

That's good news!! Sounds like your new bike will see lots of trainer action.

I'm not commenting on the stars....

lol.

Tea said...

OMG! That's the funniest thing ever! I love that you have the XRAY! I can just imagine the tech's faces.....

Photography By Terri Harper said...

Stars on your underwear...that is too funny and sounds like something that I would do! That is one of the reasons I love you!
Auntie Terri

Jen said...

You just gave me a huge coughing fit from laughing! The underwear story is too funny. But I'm glad you'll be able to "crosstrain" (i.e. carry on with your wonderful multisport life :-)

triguyjt said...

hilarious on the stars...

my bride saw wicked withher girlfriends and said it was great

Charlie said...

Thats hysterical.
I am glad to hear there was no stress fracture. Very good news.
Good to see you last night.