24 February 2008

hip hip horra-NOTHING

So I went swimming today. Yeah! Well kind of yeah. First, many thanks to Jen C and Brenda for putting up with my slow ass!!! I got in an hour of swimming. What's that you say, isn't the class an hour and a half?! Yes, my friends you would be correct. But my hip decided that an hour was enough. :(

Now even though I've already had a great pep talk from B Bop, I still want to, need to, rant a little. Believe me, I'm much better than I was, he saw me in the parking lot directly after my pathetic attempt at swimming this am. Ahhhhh!! *deep breathing* I'm sick of this already. It has been almost 4 weeks since my hip decided not to work and I have actually gone running ONCE. Just.one.time. And we all remember what happened then. Then I have been swimming 5 times in 4 weeks. That's it 5 TIMES. And each time I can't swim for more than 45-60mins. :( And I'm about one and half lengths slower (if that makes any sense). The trainer, well let's see I've actually been able to get in 2-3 45 mins sessions a week in so that isn't too bad. But I'm not doing any drills and I'm only riding somewhere around 13-16mph.

What is most frustrating is that there isn't any warning, it just happens all of sudden. It isn't like it aches for a while and then I can't go on, it just suddenly happens. I can't go on. *SIGH* Thanks for listening everyone! :)

I'm sure things will turn around soon and my hip will be fine and stop being a pain in the ass (or hip rather).

Lately, I have been dreaming of a vacation. Not just going away but a specific destination. I haven't gotten to travel very much, but in the short list of vacations one place stands out. Many of the places I've been to (except Florida) I have really enjoyed and would like to visit again. The one place that I feel this NEED to visit again is Ireland. Granted I was there for work so I worked most of the time, but when I wasn't at work I was out exploring the city or the countryside. I want so much to go back. Anyone feel like it? ;) Seriously though, I probably cant afford to go this year but next summer I think I'm going back. For vacation purposes only! Not for work. ;) If you haven't checked out my pics from Ireland, there is a link to the right. You'll have to excuse some of them, the planner/urban designer just couldn't resist taking pics of buildings, tiles, doors, windows, sewer covers, etc. ;) I included a short slideshow (I think I took like 200 pics or something, so I tried to cut it down some) of a few of my favorite ones for you. Enjoy!

P.S. seriously think about it......Ireland! ;)


4 comments:

JenC said...

I'm sorry to hear that. I wondered why you got out so suddenly. And, you were very considerate in the lane. Patience is hard, but you will get past this.

Ireland sounds great! I will have to go there someday.

Steve Stenzel said...

Good luck with your hip! That sucks!!

And, I got your TAGGED comment, and I'm working on it...

triguyjt said...

tracie..
hey..hang in there.. my bride has "tracking issues" with one of her knees and occasionally, it will without warning "get untracked" the pain is huge but she usually is able to get back on track. is frustrating...just try to work through it....

nice pics on ireland. thats the brides ancestral home. still has cousins there..we gotta go there someday.

Patricio said...

Don't get discourage T... just give it some time.
Irleland? man, I lived in the UK for almost 2 years and believe it or not I never went there.... I know, I know... I regret it all the time.

P