19 February 2008

Schedules

Lately, things have been crazy for me schedule wise. I'm the queen of busy and I like being busy, but sometimes it gets a little crazy. :) So I have been looking at training programs because as you can see from my race schedule, I have two oly distances scheduled, a half and full marathon. All of these events happen within weeks of each other. I think if I start a training plan for a marathon it will prepare me for the other events. What do you guys think??? I've been checking out some plans on runnersworld.com. Any advice as usual is much appreciated! :)

Do you think it is a bad idea to do two sprint tris in one weekend?? I'm pretty sure I already know the answer ;) but I want to make sure!

Today I have a session with Hayley for my hip. :( Then pilates and then swimming with Monica. I have to be a 'model' for my mom tonight for one of her projects for school. Just a reminder LADIES, tomorrow is Diva's Night at Fleet Feet so check it out ladies!!!!

Stay warm out there Clevelanders! Its cccchhhhiiiilllllllyyyyy!!!!! :(

5 comments:

triguyjt said...

does hayley do other body parts??? i mean....hayley--hips
ohh she could also do hamstrings

sorry for being flip..

answer....spread the sprints out...don't need to do the two in one weekend...

Jen said...

I, too, vote for one tri per weekend... I tend to have a more conservative race schedule, but I'm particularly running injury prone.

About the other series of races, I think if you're going to bunch up a lot of events like that, it MIGHT be okay, as long as you use the early ones as training (i.e. not a full-out race effort, which would require more recovery). But every body's different & recovers at their own rate.

JenC said...

I'm going to have to veto two sprint tris in one weekend too. I'm a big fan of not racing too much. It is hard to work the taper in and it kills other longer efforts you could be doing in prep for your A-race (which is a marathon for you, right?). Just my $.02. Let me know if you want to chat more about it.

Patricio said...

Hola!
Hmmm 2 sprint tris might and could be too much but then again depends on how much you have been training... You can always race one hard and the other one not so much and go slow, have a good time and enjoy it. Bottom line, you are the only one who knows your body and what it's capable of.
Have u checked this website:
http://www.triathlongeek.com/
It has pretty good plans for all distances and it's cheap.
PC

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Hey girlie! Thanks for the Evotri vote! Stay tuned to see if I get to advance to Round 2! As for your race schedule, you totally know what you are capable of! I say "yes" to two sprint races in one weekend as long as you don't try to go "balls to the wall" on both of them! Just my 2 cents!!