28 February 2008

pain in the ass....

No seriously, I have pain in my ass. :P So Tuesday I was scheduled for pilates but after swimming on Sunday my hips/pelvis on both sides, outer thighs, sacrum area and right piriformis where aching so much. I couldn't get comfortable no matter how I sat or laid. I tried stretching, Monday I begged my brother to attempt some trigger point therapy to try to relieve it. Nothing was working. So when I got to the CVWC on Tuesday, I asked Melissa if we could skip pilates and fix whatever was going on. Let me tell you, I couldn't believe the level of discomfort I was experiencing. I have a pretty high pain tolerance but this was more than I expected. On my right side everything through the glutes was just a mess. Melissa worked for quite a while trying to get everything to relax and release. She told me she could feel all the muscles/tendons that surround the hip joint were super inflamed. My left hip flexor and quad were a huge mess too. And my left lower back is all screwed up because my left side is overcompensating for the right. An hour later I was pretty uncomfortable. Things had relaxed quite a bit, but that doesn't mean the muscles weren't sore. I came home and soaked in a epsom salt bath which helped alot.

Photobucket


I was originally planing on going to school today but sitting in the car for over 6 hours today is definitely not going to help the piriformis issues! So I'm just saying no! ;) Seriously, though all this just from swimming!?! I'm rethinking my clinic this weekend and I'm almost positive that I won't be able to participate in the CTC indoor tri next weekend or the St. Malachi 5 miler on the 15th. :( I don't see Dr. Shah again till the 22nd so we'll have to see where I am then. It is all very discouraging, to say the least. Yesterday, I felt the best that I have in a few weeks but today I woke up sore. I've been trying to sleep with a pillow between my legs, which seems to be helping the IT band and flexor alot. I guess things will just have to take their course.

Meanwhile, I've become a frickin' sudoku genius. ;) And I've been 'organizing' the house. I'm just bored out of my mind folks! I have also been working the other numbers, that is census data. I'm the biggest dork when it comes to graphically representing info. You should see the pie charts I come up with. ;) They should have some sort of 12 step program to help excel freaks like me!!!

Seriously, it is like -100 outside today, so bundle up!!!! Stay warm and enjoy! :)

9 comments:

JenC said...

Sorry to hear about your continued pain. I can't imagine swimming did that to you. It is probably the other stuff (like biking and running), but swimming must have been the final straw. Take it easy and quick healing!

Steve Stenzel said...

Damn that ass pain! Good luck with it. And that is the most unsexy image of an ass I've ever seen (and I'm an "ass man")

tracie said...

LMAO Steve!!!

I figured a pic of my ass with an arrow wouldn't really help illustrate the point. :P

triguyjt said...

hey tracie,,,if you truly
did
LMAO...then..you should not have any pain...
I'm just saying...
mend well there

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

No cellulite on that ass??? I'm jealous. You are one sinewy chick!!

Hang in there!

Patricio said...

Sorry to hear about the pain in the culo :)
Hang in there!
PC

Jen said...

Eeeeck! I hope you get better... I does seem strange that swimming could've done this.

Jen said...

Are you sure you can't just blame the injury on some militant fixed gear riding vegans? They probably poisoned your leg or something... ;-) You know how they are.

tracie said...

Jen:

I wish I could.....but alas, I don't know any of those militant vegans...:P